Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Wii question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wii question

    This is mostly directed as Chubz as I remember his enthusiasm wrt the Wii.

    I am very happy with my experience with the Wii as I've had it since June. However, I have yet to try out a sports game on it.

    Is your experience playing a football game fun with the Wii?

    Anyone besides Chubz is welcome to answer but I remembered him giving a vivid description of the matter.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wii question

    Ah and if anyone is still desperately searching for, someone on the WVU boards I frequent said Toys-R-Us in Charleston, WV (approximately a 2 hour drive from Norton) got a shipment at 11:30pm tonight and they will go on sale tomorrow when they open (may want to try giving an early morning call to reserve you one).

    Best of Luck and Merry Christmas all.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wii question

    I have a Wii with Madden 08 and Backyard Football. I love it. On both games you throw the ball by flicking the remote forward. On Madden it goes so far as having to flick the remote backward to snap the ball. And I really like the receiver selection with the directional pad. Up, down, left, or right. That's it. No more keeping up with all those different buttons. Yeah, I'm lazy. lol But the whole "interactiveness" makes it very enjoyable IMO.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wii question

    How in the hell can you get from Norton to Charleston in 2 hours?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Wii question

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How in the hell can you get from Norton to Charleston in 2 hours? </div></div>
    Cobra

  6. #6
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wii question

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How in the hell can you get from Norton to Charleston in 2 hours? </div></div>
    Cobra</div></div>



    As long as G.I. Joe doesnt stop you.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wii question

    Oh also I'm much more of an NCAA fan and really don't follow any NFL teams.

    Are the NCAA Football games good on the Wii too that you may know of?
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Wii question

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vic Fontaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Wii with Madden 08 and Backyard Football. I love it. On both games you throw the ball by flicking the remote forward. On Madden it goes so far as having to flick the remote backward to snap the ball. And I really like the receiver selection with the directional pad. Up, down, left, or right. That's it. No more keeping up with all those different buttons. Yeah, I'm lazy. lol But the whole "interactiveness" makes it very enjoyable IMO. </div></div>

    Vic pretty much nailed it. I haven't played Backyard Football, but I have Madden 07 and the mechanics are pretty much similar to 08. You flick the Wii remote backwards to snap the ball, then you can select your receiver and flick it forwards to throw it. It's more immersive because the ball can be a bullet or lob depending on how quickly you flick the remote.

    It's also pretty neat how the running game works. You can actually use the Wii remote and "nunchuck" in order to do special moves. If I remember correctly, you can actually push both forwards and you do a power move or something like that. Then I believe flicking the nunchuck left or right does a juke in that direction.

    There are several different control methods and I'm not sure how much they've changed this in Madden 08 but I always thought it was a neat way of playing despite the fact that it is definitely more complex than playing on a standard controller and may take some getting used to.

    To be safe, I would highly recommend renting it from somewhere such as Movie Starz in Wise. Madden 08 probably isn't a game you'd want to run out and buy because it isn't for everyone; believe me, I know from playing Madden 07 on the Wii that the controls will take time to adjust to and may even cause some frustration early-on.

    If you ask me, I say go for it. The 360/PS3 versions of Madden 08 are great for the incredible graphics and animations, but if you want a more unique and interactive experience, you should try Madden 08 for the Wii.
    Officially retired

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •